Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful, Thankful!

It's Thanksgiving so I would like to mention some things in my life that are going pretty amazingly right now.

1.) I did a powerful meditation on a Friday night on attracting wealth.  I got the skin prickles and everything! The very next day,  I had a tutoring client that needed me for 8+hours!  She paid me more than I have ever made in a day and she was SO grateful, she kept apologizing for not being able to give me more!

2.) My kids are getting a lot easier!  The older they get, the easier it is! I believe our no (or very, very minimal) T.V. rule has helped here.  I'm sure the fact that they have a clearly defined work area has helped as well.  It is really easy for them to just sit and work quietly on their own.  Also, the longer you parent, the more you learn about parenting (your own children, of course).


3.) I am learning French.  It is really hard but I love that I am actually putting in the discipline and hard work - and I can see the benefits of it! I typically have the pattern of starting something... then starting something ELSE before I'm done with the previous thing.  I love to change with the wind... I read somewhere that this pattern is a recipe for never reaching your goals.  Discipline is key.  I love that I am learning it (and French at the same time!).


4.) For as long as I can remember, I struggled with allowing other people's opinions of me define how I see myself.  If someone was angry with me - I would beat myself up about it.  This year, I have been working on NOT doing that.  I've FINALLY developed the magical ability to separate myself from other people's *stuff*.  It is RIDICULOUSLY freeing!   I need to write a blog post on that...

5.) Because of the above, I am able to be more of myself!  It is super uncomfortable to shrink myself in order to fit into what makes others feel comfortable...  So happy I don't have to do that anymore!  Of course I do not want people to feel uncomfortable - and I would never knowingly offend someone.  However, I have realized that their discomfort typically has nothing to do with me. ;).

And I that is it for now!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog. This is what blogging should be about. Well done!

    ReplyDelete